Canada Wide Media
is western Canada’s largest independent magazine and digital media company.
From our offices in Burnaby, B.C., we publish eight of our own brands and approximately 20 custom titles on behalf of our valued clients.
The Canada Wide Media vision: to connect and inspire people through relevant, engaging and quality content.
Join Our Team
Our Core Values:
- We are confident but humble.
- We are passionate and positive team members.
- We embrace change and seek out new knowledge.
- We are empowered and accountable.
- We are authentic.
Does this sound like you? We employ people in a variety of capacities: sales, circulation, editorial, design, finance and more. Following is a list of current job postings if applicable.
Please direct all enquires to: email@example.com
Are you an avid TV watcher and familiar with the many programs and channels? Canada Wide Media Limited is currently accepting applications for a suitable candidate to join the TV Listings Department of TV Week Magazine as early as March 11, 2020.
Working with a group of dedicated professionals in a challenging, fast-paced environment, you will be assisting with the editing, production and assembly of the program listings section of TV Week Magazine. Training will be provided. Wage will depend on your knowledge and experience.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:
• Working knowledge and experience with Adobe InDesign publishing software
• Fact-checking and copy editing experience
• Knowledge of CP style
• Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
• Experience with the Internet and email
• Accurate typing speed of 60 wpm.
• Excellent demonstrated communication skills
• Good knowledge of TV and TV Week Magazine an asset
To Apply: Please email your resumé to Karen Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Listings Position” in the Subject Line.
Only those applicants that are chosen will be contacted for an interview. Thank you in advance for your interest.
TV Week Listings Editor
Canada Wide Media
Western Living & Vancouver Magazine- Senior Account Executive – Canada Wide Media
The Western Living & Vancouver Magazine Senior Account Executive will serve as a member of a team that specializes in selling a diverse range of products offered under these brands. From print and digital advertising to event sponsorships and unique content packages, the product offerings for our clients are constantly evolving. In addition, the Senior Account Executive will have the opportunity to sell into the many other publications and online products produced by Canada Wide Media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis, across defined goals for print, digital and brand extensions
- Contacting potential and existing clients through regular cold calling and in-person meetings; generating sales leads; responding to sales inquiries
- Developing strategic relationships by identifying new business opportunities & offering marketing solutions based upon all CWM products
- Managing a defined account list as per category and/or assigned territory; providing regular attention to client list through best practices of prioritizing top tier accounts and applying quality customer service to all CWM clients
- Accurately and thoroughly completing all contracts, order entries, forms, sales reports, account details, and activity notes, as required by CWM
- Acting as a liaison between clients and Accounting, Production, and/or any other CWM department
- Participating in sales-related seminars, meetings, and training sessions, as provided by (or supported by) CWM; attending industry-related events (travel may be required); staying informed of new market information, competition, innovations, etc.
- Participating in quarterly reviews; preparing and presenting business plans for forecasting sales to target
- Working cooperatively within a team environment (attending regular sales meetings, contributing toward new business development, resolving account discrepancies, sharing successes, respecting the team environment)
- Strong prospecting and sales skills, with proven experience attaining revenue targets (advertising/media experience preferred)
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively listen, empathize, and present to potential and current clients; consultative selling skills with a client-first approach
- Ability to craft compelling messages, presentations, packages to match client needs
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, prioritize, and multi-sell across all platforms
- Positive and professional attitude, with a willingness to learn, adapt, and strengthen overall skillset
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Team-player combined with ability to work autonomously
- Proven track record of delivering targets consistency
- Digital advertising experience-display & video
- Advertising Agency experience
Join Western Canada’s leading independent audience engagement and custom content creation company, apply today and enjoy:
- A high earning potential
- Flexible Schedule
- Extended group benefits
- Invitations to events and numerous networking opportunities!
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Art Director – BCLiving, Simply Beautiful & Evalina Beauty
Do you love magazines, makeup and beautiful things? Do you like to collaborate with a team as well as work independently? Are you obsessed with design and staying on top of current trends? Then we want you to join our team!
Canada Wide Media is Western Canada’s largest independent magazine publisher and digital company. Based in Burnaby, B.C., we work in a vibrant open-concept office environment (complete with a Prado Café), just a short walk or shuttle ride from the Gilmore and Brentwood SkyTrain stations.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented art director with graphic design skills. In this role, you would lead concept development, art direction and the design of products, packaging and marketing materials for three brands: BCLiving, an online lifestyle magazine; Simply Beautiful, Canada’s top women’s subscription box, which includes the quarterly Simply Beautiful Living print magazine and additional sub-brands; plus, Evalina Beauty, an exciting new Canadian indie makeup brand. Working with editors, marketing, social media and digital teams, you’ll take each project from idea to final execution.
Please download the full position requirements here: